Intern: Mechanical Engineering - Testing Technology (Summer 2019)
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Testing Technology group as a mechanical engineering intern. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering. As a valued member of the Testing Technology team within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with test engineers. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to the Testing Technology group manager
- Perform in-house calibration of measurement devices using internal equipment and procedures
- Verify equipment during check in/check out process
- Obtaining historical records for calibrated equipment using web based system
- Interface with test engineers to provide instrumentation according to internal workflow
- Troubleshoot equipment that requires repair or replacement
- Fabrication of connectors and harnesses for measurement devices
- Support the group with various administrative tasks
- Instrument trucks with sensors and data acquisition equipment
- Support the development of new testing methods and processes
- Create scripts and macros to automate testing procedures, analysis and reporting
- Create testing “kits” – such as brake timing kit, ADAS kit, etc. in Pelican cases
- Create wiring schematics and diagrams, CAD drawings
- Create wiring and cabling assemblies
- Attention to detail: Ensuring instrumentation is calibrated correctly and report
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a mechanical or electrical degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship
- This position requires 40 hours per week
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Strong communication skills
- Valid US Work authorization
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.