Intern: Adaptation Purchasing (Summer 2019)
The internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to support/promote the graduate's career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo GTP (Group Trucks Purchasing) by working on important and innovative projects. Internships are structured learning experiences where interns/coops and our full time professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The internship allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo GTP.
- Prepare various Purchasing status reports (material cost level, raw material pricing, etc.)
- Assist the Adaptation Manager & Buyers in their day-to-day activities (prepare Request for Quote (RFQ’s), run specific reports, and prepare presentation material and delivery status updates.)
- Participate in supplier and internal team meetings
- Assist the IT & Process Team as they support the Buyers & Adaptation Manager with purchasing related data collection and report development
- Applicants must be pursuing Bachelors or Master’s degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- Must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Customer Focus
- Analytical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.