Model Group Manager Product Design
As a team, Product Design's task is to build loyalty, pride and satisfaction with the Volvo Group customers through creating desirable products and services. We offer an exciting position, where your focus will be:
- Work in close cooperation with the Design Director of each Volvo business area Truck, Bus, Construction Equipment and Penta to provide the correct model quality and maturity, during the different project phases
- Lead and develop a team within the competence areas of Digital and Physical Modeling to meet given design targets set by the Design Directors
- Drive the area of expertise now and for the future
- Develop and harmonize processes and tools to best accommodate the needs of the different business areas
- Influence the cross functional work with other departments and partners
- BfA or minimum Technical college and apprenticeship within product design
- Min 5 years of industry design experience
- Solid knowledge of design modelling tools and processes
- Documented team leader or project management experience
- Full understanding of, and ability to advocate, the design process
- Ability to drive improvements and changes within own area of expertise
Since we are working with all Volvo Group business areas as well as with other functions in our organization an open and transparent communication and ability to build strong peer relationships is a key for success.
We also believe it is the right mindset that will make a difference within our organization. If you see yourself as a team player who has the ability to empower others and you have a strong interest in building your team in balance with the business needs of the future, this is a position for you!
As Model Group Manager, you will be part of the Product Design management team and report to the Site Director Product Design, in Gothenburg.
Curious, and have some questions? Please contact me!
Katarina Borg, Site Director Product Design
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.