Intern: Lean Business Developer (Summer 2019)
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Chicago Distribution Center as Intern – Lean Business Developer. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of logistics operations. As a valued member of the Chicago Distribution Center within GTO, the student will have the opportunity to work directly to improve internal processes within the DC via structuring ways to collect, process and analyze data to support the operation. GTO’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to Chicago Distribution Center Manager.
- Develop ways to extract information from current systems to support operational decisions
- Optimize and develop the MS ACCESS database
- Create and optimize MS EXCEL templates supporting the operational needs
- Support with process data analysis
- Communicate with different stakeholders to support the implementations
- Support the Continuous Improvement Program within the Distribution Center
- Fully proficient in MS ACCESS and MS EXCEL including VBA
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced supervisors, operators, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
- Summer Interns work 40 hours per week
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Strong communication skills
- Valid US Work authorization
- Customer Focus
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
- Learning on the Fly
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.