Team Manager (Uptime Solutions)
Position Title : Team Manager (Uptime Solutions)
Reporting: This role will be reporting to the Operations Manager
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the breakdown coordination team including staff planning and payroll management of 9 employees.
- Responsible for ensuring that contracts are operate within the clients operational requirements at all times and keeping your line manager informed of any contract failings.
- To ensure the team has a clear understanding of the Volvo Truck Quality & Services strategy and the role they play in order to deliver upon Uptime strategic focus areas.
- To secure increased uptime by ensuring the team delivers within 1st line escalation support, drawing upon the knowledge and competence of 2nd line escalation wherever needed.
- To evaluate performance of all team members, taking necessary steps to coach, mentor or address performance concerns in a prompt manner.
- To use available reporting and case analysis, monitor the service levels provided by the dealer network and establish corrective actions together with market contacts.
- To support that customer requirements are maintained with keys customers, providing valuable information to Roadside Services & Quality Customer Relations Teams
- To share improvement suggestion ideas based on your 1st level involvement within live breakdown handling and team performance evaluations to relevant areas within the Uptime Management Team
Education and Job Experience
- University Degree in Business Management
- Must have minimum 2 years’ experience team management
- Successful and proven track record of team management
- Have Exceptional Customer Service Relations
- Must be Computer Literate – Excel and Business writing
- Technical Competence advantageous
Job Knowledge and Skills
- Must have proven successes in managing multiple relationships both internally and externally
- Good Time management skills are essential.
- Must have Organisational, Planning and Decision Making Skills
- Must be Outcomes-driven
- Must be Detail Orientated
- Must be fast thinker and a Problem Solver
- Must have knowledge of the transport industry.
- Must have excellent leadership skills
- Must be a strong communicator
- Action & customer orientated
- Focused and results driven
- Positive can do attitude
- Ability to work as part of a team and cross-functional
- Highly motivated and confident
- Must be keen to learn and develop a career in the Motor Industry.
Volvo Group Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd is an affirmative action, equal employment opportunity employer.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.