Trainee BAC+5 Junior Buyer (H/F)
The internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to support/promote their career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. By joining our European Cab purchasing team as a Junior buyer, you will have the opportunity to work in a business oriented atmosphere. Soft skills, high energy and a positive mindset are key assets for succeeding in this position, across a diverse, multicultural team.
- Manage activities related to supplier relationships (meetings, documents, feedback, etc.)
- Support the buyers in their day-to-day activities
- Analyze key components of the supply chain (suppliers, processes and spend, etc.)
- Perform purchasing and sourcing activities, such as RFI’s (Request For Information), and RFQ’s (Request For Quotation)
- Participate in supplier and internal team meetings
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a Master degree. All fields are welcome to apply, as purchasing is diverse, and different perspectives are essential for success.
- Taste for Negotiation
- Analytical skills
- Proficiency in English language is mandatory
- Team interaction with high degree of flexibility and autonomy
- Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
A stimulating work environment, recognition at work, professional growth, motivation, management, pride, fun ... The Volvo Group has again been awarded the HappyTrainees label in 2019!
90% of young people recommend the Volvo group for an internship, an apprentice contract or a VIE, and we are particularly proud of this!
And 95% of graduation success reinforces our motivation to welcome you.
If you want to be part of our Happy Trainees, apply!
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.