Supplier Development Engineer
Are you willing to take on a new challenge in leading Supplier Development Activities for key suppliers? Join us at Volvo CE!
As our new Supplier Development Engineer – Powertrain & Electromobility you will work in accordance to the Volvo Values and Volvo CE processes. As you are leading the Supplier Development activities you will focus on quality management, APQP/PPAP activities for projects and drive productivity improvement programs. These programs involve Lean, VA/VE - in order to reduce waste and create value. You will also actively contribute to problem solving of major supplier quality issues that is required within serial production and in the field. You will based in one of the Volvo CE sites in Europe, preferably Eskilstuna, Sweden.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Proactively perform necessary activities using Supplier Development toolbox to ensure supplier Quality Delivery Cost (QDC) performance (e.g. Process audits, Control Plan Audits, Capacity Audits etc.)
- Analyze regularly supplier QDC- and Warranty performance versus agreed targets and drive continuous improvement actions
- Ensure supplier fulfillment of general Volvo Group business requirements e.g. Supplier Evaluation Audit, CSR, ISO-certificates, Reach etc.
Who are you?
In order to succeed in this role it is important that you have proven knowledge within advanced product quality planning. You are experienced in driving project management in an effective way and have knowledge about product development. As a person you have the ability to manage and influence others, as well as you are structured and focused on the execution. Your communicational capability makes it easy for you to make contact with both internal and external stakeholders. It is also important that you have excellent presentation skills and that you perform business trips since regular travelling will be needed to do your job.
You like to work with passion and entrepreneurial mindset; self-driven in a remote management environment.
- University degree in engineering or extensive experience from quality/production area
- Strong process knowledge in at least one manufacturing discipline, preferably casting processes and practical knowledge of Lean manufacturing and Supply Chain Management
- Proven ability to work effectively in matrix organization
- Strong communication skills in English, additional language skills is a merit
- Experience in electromobility projects, motor or battery technology, is a plus
Are we a perfect match?
We go to work every day making real change, creating fascinating products. In addition to a rewarding job, we also offer you a global company with fantastic opportunities for you to develop and grow.
For further information, Please contact:
Andreas Kasel, email@example.com, +49 6501 84 706
Urban Strid, Unionen, +46 16 541 6304
Åsa Holmgren, Akademikerna, +46 16 541 4679
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.