Industrial Engineering Manager - Systems
- Manage the implementation of efficient and reliable Engineering processes for existing and new product offerings that guarantees consistent quality output
- Efficient assignment of Industrial / Manufacturing Engineering resources to support all aspects of plant operations (production, logistics, and quality) on a daily basis as well as during specific project activities.
- Secure new product/product change introduction via management of project change and manufacturing engineers resources within the assigned area of responsibility
- Evaluate embedded software and electrical hardware based on assembly processes and design engineering specification. Specify electrical system performance, calibration, and testing requirements.
- Define the Truck Embedded Software strategy as part of the Volvo Global Manufacturing Network.
- Identify capital improvement projects and coordinate with other disciplines (finance, maintenance, production) to justify funding to implement improvements
- Develop a professional team of engineers through providing/assisting/coordinating the necessary training for new employees
- Champion Lean Manufacturing / VPS (Volvo Production System) initiatives including (but not limited to) Work Place Organization (WPO), Continuous Improvement, Kaizen leadership, Advanced Manufacturing initiatives for the area of responsibility
- Provide succession planning by preparing individuals for future advancement opportunities through the use of mentoring activities, providing career-enhancing training activities and opportunities to act in a leadership capacity
- Continuously pursue self-improvement through seeking knowledge of new concepts, techniques, and technologies related to Industrial Engineering, benchmarking other areas/departments/organizations for potential improvement ideas
- Bachelor’s Degree Required in Engineering (Industrial / Systems or Electrical preferred)
- Five (5) years of Industrial Engineering experience with educational requirements
- Ten (10) years of experience without Industrial Engineering experience without educational requirements
- Knowledge of Electrical Architecture and Systems (Embedded Software/Hardware)
- Knowledge of Volvo product/manufacturing
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge and Techniques
- Capacity to work with technical drawings and conceptualize manufacturing solutions
- Knowledge of productivity improvement tools, methods, and line balancing techniques
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.