Senior Commodity Buyer
Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing – Powertrain – Base Engine & Combustion
We are looking for a Senior Commodity Buyer, located either in Shanghai (China) or Ageo (Japan) for Base Engine & Combustion.
You will join an exciting team, creating business value in an open and multicultural, dynamic, on highly innovative products of the powertrain area. We value team players, with energy and creativity, who are willing to drive the change and strive for the best in order to deliver results, and motivated by challenging situations.
- Strengthening Volvo’s competitive advantage by understanding the business needs and the supplier market
- Drive business synergies and share best practices within the Volvo Group
- Manage and develop the supplier base, using categorization, segmentation, evaluation, etc. in order to establish the appropriate levels of relationship
- Prepare and report Key Performance Indicators development to key stakeholders
- Lead or support large/regional/global sourcing projects or ad-hoc purchases within the segment
- To secure the outcome of the sourcing in a contractual package, and that all agreements are approved and signed
- Execute agreements with suppliers during production and after production for Revenue segments
- Drive all relevant activities to deliver on QDCFTSR targets during production phase and after production phase for Revenue Parts.
- Monitor, identify and mitigate risks
- Forecast cost evolution for scope of responsibility
- Manage and negotiate product/processes changes during production phase, and after production phase for Revenue segments
- Perform daily purchasing activities related to production orders, logistics and financial flows to the suppliers
- Bachelor of Science or Business Administration
- Several years purchasing experience, preferably in automotive
- Business acumen
- Purchasing and negotiation experience
- Motivated by change management and ability to drive change
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Fluent Japanese skill is a plus
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.