Co-op: Prototype Buyer Assistant in Product Build (Fall 2019)
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Product Build Team as prototype buyer assistant. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment: gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of supply chain in project development. As a valued member of the Product Build Team within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineering and procurement departments. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to Product build site manager.
The position is focus on prototype Supply Chain Management in close cooperation with current Prototype Buyers in Product Build US.
You will be part of Product Build purchasing team, mainly responsible for all prototypes purchases, to support Supply Chain Management.
You will work in close cooperation with two other buyers located in Greensboro and you will support prototype supplier base management as well.
You will have to perform:
- One or several market survey to find new prototype suppliers for the prototype commodities when needed
- Ensure the potential suppliers are capable of making the parts according to the CAD drawings specifications
- Support prototype buyers on their current activity due to workload on prototype parts request
- Create some Key Performance Indicators to follow the Prototype Purchasing activity for main projects
You will be prepared to share/present the new supplier findings and updates on RFQs with the manager and prototype purchasing team.
You will support Material Control activity by communicating with Purchasing in North America on the remaining activity and orders not placed yet.
You will work in accordance with the Volvo Group processes and the Volvo Way
The position will report to the Product Build site Manager.
The successful candidate will most likely have the following experience/personal qualities:
- Strong and proven organizing skills
- Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Strong ability to network effectively across a diverse organization
- Negotiation skills and good business understanding
- Positive attitude and target oriented approach
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Manufacturing systems Engineering or Supply chain and Logistic at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and must enrolled as full-time student
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Strong communication skills
- Valid US Work authorization
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.