Java Developer – Volvo Group Connected Solutions
We are now looking for a Java Developer with a passion for technology and the willingness to develop state-of-the-art software applications.
Being based in Lindholmen Science Park you will work with us in the heart of a vibrant area that lives and breathes new technology like IoT, autonomous driving, electro mobility and digitalization. Here the development is massive, new buildings and companies are popping up almost daily!
We are proud to say that we are using the latest Java technologies delivering a very modern micro service based service platform hosted in the cloud. Of course we use agile methods and as we are adopting the DevOps model your work will cover a broad spectrum all the way from developing prototypes of future “killer applications” to managing the lifecycle of the existing ones.
As a person you have analytical skills and you love to solve problems. You are good in communication, both when it comes to technical details as well as business needs. Being a team player with positive mindset and a customer oriented attitude is in your nature, and you know the various challenges of application development. You must care for empowerment, inspiration and a “can do” attitude in the agile team to complete each sprint as planned.
Welcome to the heart of connectivity!
- Develop new software applications – frontend and backend - according to our development standards (epics and user stories will be given, but understanding the wanted effect you should also be able to read between the lines)
- Deploy, operate and maintain our applications incl. driving continuous improvement of the same for better quality, functionality, cost effectiveness, etc.
- Actively contribute to the solution design of new services
- And finally, but not at least, continuously reflect upon how we are doing things and where we can improve
Your personality is your major reason for success, but we think you have:
- A university degree in software engineering, computer science or similar
- Some years’ working experience as Application Developer is preferred, but we also recognize experience through own hobby projects
- Experience of Java 8 and Spring
- Knowledge in asynchronous programming, JMS, Active MQ, micro service architecture, cloud services, test automation frameworks and React is a great plus
- Experience from mobile (connected) applications is also a great plus
- Fluent in English - both written and spoken. Basic skills in Swedish is preferred (then it will be much easier to pick up “korridorssnack”)
- Valid work-permit for Sweden, if not EU-citizen
The position is based at Lindholmen in Gothenburg, Sweden.
For more information please contact:
Florian Kostanty, +46 765 538494
Torbjörn Karlsson, +46 765 536186
Ulf Jacobson-Wahlberg, +46 765 535403
HR Business Partner;
Lina Gerlam, +46 739 028201
Connected Solutions is a global organization that develops and delivers the Volvo Group’s connected solutions. Connected Solutions provide an arena for new service innovation together with customers, partners and all the Business Areas within the Volvo Group. By supporting our customers to improve their business we enable new business opportunities for the Volvo Group. Our way of working shortens time to market for connected services and solutions. We work close to our customers and understand their challenges. We deliver high quality with speed, through our capability to explore, implement and scale up.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.