Intern: Digital and Marketing Communication (Summer 2019)
VFS Global HQ is seeking a communications or marketing communication student completing his or her first or second year to serve as a communication intern in the company’s Greensboro, North Carolina-based Corporate and Marketing Communication during the 2019 summer break (May 13th – July 19th). This position will primarily be project based and will work with internal communication staff responsible for providing support at the VFS Headquarters level, with exposure to VFS Region and market colleagues around the world. Activities will include digital communication work, including content and campaign development and posting, researching and measuring the impact of the digital communication channels for VFS, and general internal and external communications, including writing, video and presentation work. The Communication or Marketing Communication Intern will report to the Senior Vice President, Communication, and the position is located in Greensboro, North Carolina.
- Action oriented: Full of energy for challenges and not fearful of acting. Seizes opportunities
- Creative: Skilled in design and copyrighting for different target audiences, particularly in the digital/social media space
- Dependable and detail oriented: Delivers agreed upon results on time and within scope. Places a high value on getting a job done right the first time
- Integrity and trust: Seen as a direct, truthful individual who presents facts in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidences and admits mistakes
- Learns on the fly: Learns quickly when facing new challenges and is a versatile learner open to change and quickly grasps the essence of ideas. Self-directed with the ability to adjust in a dynamic environment
- Resourceful: Asks questions and seeks answers with a curious mind. Acts with ‘next-level’ thinking
- Peer relationships: Can solve problems with peers and is seen as a team player who easily gains trust and support and encourages collaboration. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work cross-functionally
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish
- Self-development: Personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/her
- Standing alone: Can be counted on and is willing to be the only champion for an idea or work alone on an assignment
- Technical learning: Can learn new skills and knowledge quickly and is good at learning a new industry, company, product, or technology
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in communications or marketing at an accredited school and have at least 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Prior professional work experience is a plus
- Have experience prioritizing work effectively and multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Have proven experience working with attention to detail and in a proactive way
- Have proven interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Adobe Photoshop and other Adobe Suite software is a plus
- Proficient in digital channels such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram. Other digital channel knowledge a plus
- Fully proficient in reading, writing and speaking English, additional language a plus
Volvo Financial Services (VFS) is the captive finance company for the Volvo Group and its customers and dealers. Our services are important to the Group in terms of customer satisfaction, growth, competitive advantage and product affordability. We offer leasing, installment financing, insurance solutions, rentals, repair and maintenance contracts, dealer financing and many other services, depending on the market. Our team of about 1400 professionals manages approximately SEK 100 billion of assets, and our employees are located in about 48 countries. Working at VFS is both exciting and challenging since we get to work closely with each Business Entity of the Volvo Group. Please read more about us at our homepage.
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.