Industrial Project Leader BIW
The purpose of this job is to lead and direct the factory’s industrialization projects and activities in our Body-in-White facility.
- Collect and provide relevant information/updates to project Steering Groups to allow them to make sound decisions on project timing, funding and resource requirements
- Lead team activities and communication for strategic projects and new product information with all affected departments to assure the timely flow and quality of their inputs
- Maintain Risk Analyses and Action Logs for projects as required
- Participation and follow-up in Project Audit reviews where projects affect the content of an audited vehicle
- Update and maintain plant capacity maps
- Lead initiatives in support of, and as defined by, the New River Valley Plant Future Factory Concept
- Support Strategic Development of Master Plan
- Determine Industrial Consequences of new products and processes
- Conduct studies and business cases for insourcing/outsourcing studies and lead projects for implementation
- Complete and submit business cases for investment requests
- Participate and/or lead Continuous Improvement Activities
- Follow a way of working that is in accordance with the Volvo Production System
- Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks
- Standing Alone: Will stand up and be counted; doesn't shirk personal responsibility; can be counted on when times are tough; willing to be the only champion for an idea or position; is comfortable working alone on a tough assignment
- Conflict Management: Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise
- Motivating Others: Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person's hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline plus a minimum of 4 years’ experience
- Without the educational requirement, the candidate must have 15 years of related experience in Manufacturing and Systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Microsoft Project and CAD
- Ability to develop, review and analyze all aspects of technical solutions for Manufacturing Systems including software (for example, Siemens PLC, ABB Robots Studio)
- Knowledge of Body-in-White (BIW), Automation Systems and ABB Robotics
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.