National Account Technical Manager
To provide technology leadership to the National Account Sales force and National Account Support Managers. Successfully guide National Account Mangers in meeting customer’s needs with the correct Volvo products and options.
- Provide technical specification guidance to sales force and department personnel
- Work with key National Account customers which require a high level of technical support with their products
- Be instrumental in obtaining conquest customers and expanding existing ones by validating specifications to match their application and also establishing pricing
- Develop and conduct product presentations with customers
- Develop and lead driver training with large fleet accounts
- Lead and coordinate department IT projects
- Work with Engineering and/or Marketing to develop new product offerings to meet customer’s needs
- Support the Director and VP of National Accounts as required
- Provide updated data to leasing customers to ensure accurate vehicles are ordered
- Make decisions concerning assignment and work flow of department personnel to insure timely responses that exceed customer expectations
- Identify and attend required training to maximize our responses to exceed internal and external customer’s expectations
- Analyze current processes and recommend changes that will enhance our response to internal and external customer’s expectations
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in technology such as Information Systems or Engineering or equivalent experience required
- 10-15 years of experience within heavy truck related companies of which 10 plus years should be within Volvo Trucks with an emphasis on working with real world truck and tractor applications
- Thorough understanding of the Volvo Truck product offering, including features and benefits and be able to effectively explain these to customers
- Dynamic presenter with strong communication skills
- Strong network of contacts within the Volvo Group
- Proficient in the use of the electronic data book processes and all related functions
- Thorough knowledge of all the order management systems at Volvo and other key Vendors
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Retain a commercial driver’s license (CDL)
- Change Facilitation
- Fostering Diversity
- Inspiring Leadership
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.