Embedded Platform Software Engineer
Would you like to be a part of the team developing the platform for the best construction machines in the world?
Within the area of Core Technology Electrics & Electronic Platform we are looking for a person to work with the development of the software platform and have the drive and the passion to contribute to great teamwork to meet future challenges.
In our department, we develop and maintain the base software and common functions (Software Platforms) which is used in a majority of Volvo CE products such as for example Wheel loaders, Haulers, Excavators and Pavers.
The software platforms are written in C and C++ and some part is generated from script tool as Python. The platforms are used by our Product Platform (e.g. Wheel-Loaders, Haulers) to run their application software which is mainly developed with model based tool such as Rubus ICE and Matlab/Simulink.
We believe you have the right mindset that will make a difference within our organization. If you see yourself working in an environment that challenges you to combine your programing skills with a more people and team based attitude, then we believe you have the right attitude to be successful in this position.
- Create and refine software requirements & design
- Develop new functions (i.e. device drivers, protocol) and features (Using C, C++ code and Python scripts)
- Update and maintain the platform software for new features or filed issues.
- Implement and test new functions in the platform
- Perform integration of software modules
- Produce relevant software module documentation.
- Perform unit testing to meet safety compliances
- Participate in peer reviews for software documents such as requirements, design, and test plan and, Code reviews, etc.
- BE/M.tech in Electronics or Electrical Engineering.
- 7-10 years’ experience in the embedded software development area.
- Skilled in C, C++, Python and XML.
- Working knowledge on higher layer Protocols Protocols - UDS 14229, J1939, J1850 etc.
- Good knowledge of Microcontrolers and hands on experience in programming low/middle level drivers for SPI, EEPROM, IO, PWM, Timer, ADC, UART , LIN, I2C , CAN ,Boot loader etc
- Exposure to tools debuggers, CANalyzer, CANoe, QAC, PC Lint (MISRA), and GIT.
- Working experience in Automotive/construction industry.
- Good communication skill (written and verbal) in English.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.