Transport Supplier Manager
- Within UP shipping in DC Lyon, the mission of Transport Parts consist is to Secure daily parts expeditions from Distribution Center Lyon, developing, implementing, improving and securing common operational processes that enable a high level of performance
Major responsabilities of your role
Optimize transport Cost
- Analyse the As Is situation with facts and data to build the RIP (change request)
- Support TFO in further analysis and secure DC needs are fulfilled
- Provide Purchasing and TFO with all relevant data to support the project and DC
- Participating to the tender and implementation process
- prepare and drive CSF meeting with carriers (Critical Supplier Forum)
- follow action plan with carriers
- prepare LSMM (market company meeting) documentation for service center managers and participate on demand
- escalate to level 3 when necessary
- report to transport parts manager
- proficient with Microsoft Excel (logic, lookup, reference formulas and visual basic), Microsoft PowerPoint
- A self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Very efficient in communicating , leading meeting and driving action plan
- A strong, analytical thinker and demonstrate effective problem solving skills
- Rigourous, organized and structured
- Excellent knowledge in transport
- Fluent in English language
- Team’s spirit
- Excellent relationship
- Ability to work independently
- expert technician in transport with experience
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.