Principal Certification and Compliance Engineer
Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as a technical authority regarding emissions compliance requirements and provide guidance & direction when needed in order to ensure that compliance is maintained
- Work with other Certification and Compliance engineers to manage/ approve changes to existing product offerings associated with emissions related components, systems, software, and calibrations
- Lead activities supported by other compliance engineers to ensure that obligations required to maintain emissions compliance are provided accurately and on time
- Develop creative methods (along with supporting engineers) to monitor and ensure emissions compliance and communicate results and corrective actions
- Ensure that data is processed and accurate for submission to relevant authorities
- Assist in facilitating the Product Compliance Committee to ensure that any items, which need to be addressed are clearly presented and decisions are made in a timely manner
- Manage the GHG (Green House Gas) credit Averaging, Banking and Trading program
- Manage the development of GHG projections for future products using the Greenhouse Gas Emissions Model (GEM)
- Ensure that all processes necessary for maintaining legal emissions compliance are properly documented and maintained
- Represent Volvo to the Environmental Protection Agency and the California Air Resources Board as necessary and when appropriate
- Strengthen industry influence via regular participation within the appropriate Engine Manufacturers Association (EMA) committees
- Occasional domestic travel and possibly international travel may be required
- Integrity: Having trust in the work performed (both internally and externally) is absolutely key to this position
- Strong experience working with Heavy Duty engine emissions is necessary
- Communication: The successful candidate must possess strong oral and written communication skills to inform, persuade, and negotiate
- Teamwork: Collaboration within the team, with other groups within Volvo, with industry representatives, and with regulators is a must
- Ownership / Accountability: Taking the lead in getting the job done and accepting responsibility for personal actions, costs and results
- Initiative: Taking action in the absence of specific instructions or in the absence of a specific requirement, taking reasonable risks to achieve results, and persevering when challenged
- Flexibility: Monitoring a diverse array of internal and external activities, and appropriately prioritizing actions appropriate for each
- Bachelor of Science in a technical field required; Masters strongly preferred
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in HD-Diesel Emissions
- Experience working with Government Regulatory Agencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, time management, planning, analytical, critical and creative thinking, and problem solving skills
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support.
With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.