Shop Technician - NBU
This position is responsible for Journeyman level of mechanical repairs and services on a full line of heavy equipment products. The experienced technician will perform service maintenance on components such as engines, transmissions, hydraulic systems, computer, electrical and structural repairs including welding. This individual will be responsible for performing the diagnoses, troubleshooting, and for providing quality repairs on gas and diesel engines in the shop.
Technicians must demonstrate safe and proper application of hand, pneumatic and electric tools, perform tasks from verbal/written instructions and communicate effectively with supervisor and co-workers, clients and management.
Main Tasks/ Responsibilities / Authorities
- Performs mechanical repairs and service on the full line of products handled by VCES
- Service and repair work is performed both in the shop
- Has thorough knowledge of all equipment systems including hydraulic, air, electrical and lubrication. Is proficient at diagnosing and repairing them
- Experienced welder with the ability to perform repair welds on equipment
- Ability to work with heavy construction equipment: requires climbing and accessing hard to reach areas
- Has the ability to independently trouble shoot all systems in all product lines accurately and in a timely manner
- Possesses a set of tools sufficient to perform the job
- Consistently follows through on all job facets including: parts ordering and retrieval, warranty claims, customer follow-up, etc.
- Possesses a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of _5_ years’ experience working on construction related equipment
- Proficient experience with road machinery (ie. Compaction, Paving Equipment) and/or road building applications preferred
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing and frequent stooping, bending, and overhead reaching
- Frequent lifting, pulling, caring, or pushing objects or materials, up to 40lbs and occasional lifting, pulling, caring, or pushing objects or materials of over 50lbs
- Will work in a noisy, and dusty environment
- Must be able to climb stairs, crawl and use a small step ladder
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
With Volvo Construction Equipment, one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the construction industry under the brands Volvo, SDLG and Terex Trucks, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.