Co-op: Vehicle Features- Mechanical Engineering (Fall 2019)
- With proper training from test engineers and technicians, learn to perform sensor installations, cable wiring and instrumentation hook-up.
- Support data acquisition hardware installation and system configuration, as well as trouble shooting for project Accelerated Endurance Test and Field Test vehicle data logging.
- Support data reduction and post digital signal process for data analysis.
- Document calibration and measurement details for engineering report writing.
- Collaborate with other working groups on common goals.
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree Mechanical Engineering (Master student preferred) at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op.
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Enjoy problem solving. Strong motivation to learn about and to work with trucks will be a plus.
- An aptitude for Mechanical Measurement, Analysis and/or testing is a plus.
- Engineering mechanics with emphasize on strength of material (stress analysis), fatigue theory & material failure mechanism. Classes taken & lab work on structure dynamics and vibration are also helpful.
- Experimental lab experience with basic understanding on principle of instrumentation and sensors. Basic knowledge on strain gages, whetstone bridge and strain gage based transducers.
- Good computer skills on programming & numerical method for engineering calculations, interest in digital data processing.
- Valid US Work authorization.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.