Intern: Fab Manufacturing Engineering (Fall 2019)
The internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to support/promote the graduate's career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Group by working on important and innovative projects. Internships are structured learning experiences where interns/coops and our full time professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The internship allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo (BA/BU).
- Assist and learn from the process technicians and ME’s in their tasks:
- Safety activities
- Insourcing business case development
- Capital equipment justification
- Problem Solving (QRPS)
- Continuous improvement activities
- Product and process development
- Develop and update fabrication processes (Work instruction, manufacturing check list, quality inspection, etc…)
- Work directly with IE/ME to validate/update time standards
- Drive special projects related to fabrication improvements (Line balancing, Andon, reduction of defects, waste elimination, etc…)
- Complete various data entry and analysis tasks to provide information for management team
- Lay out updated and improvement (CAD)
- Student must be currently enrolled and pursuing an Mechanical, Industrial, Weld Engineering, or similar degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship.
- Student must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
With Volvo Construction Equipment, one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the construction industry under the brands Volvo, SDLG and Terex Trucks, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.