Co-op: Mechanical Engineering (Fall 2019)
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Durability and Reliability Test Group as a mechanical engineering co-op. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering. As a valued member of the Durability and Reliability Test Group within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with test engineers. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to the Durability and Reliability Group Manager.
- Design and perform lab simulation tests for structure durability or system functionality verification testing using pneumatics and servo-hydraulics
- Make decisions on types of testing, specifies test procedures, instrumentation and hardware used in the testing of designs. The job function extensively involves selecting appropriate instrumentation and sensors for experimental determination of vehicle vibration, structure element internal stresses and system loading, ect.
- Set-up, collect, and analyze data using an array of data acquisition equipment to support product design
- Product support through the planning, developing, scheduling and directing of a variety of engineering projects of differing scale and complexity
- Prepares and estimates program costs for management and maintains costs within established budget
- Attention to detail: Ensuring Test equipment is set-up properly
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a mechanical or electrical degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op
- Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their co-op period
- Co-ops work 40 hours per week
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Strong communication skills
- Valid US Work authorization
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.