Co-op: Maintenance Engineer Electrical (Fall 2019)
The Volvo Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses and construction equipment, drive systems for marine and industrial applications, and aerospace components, and is one of the world's leading producers of heavy-diesel engines (9-16 liter). The Group also provides complete solutions for financing and service. The Volvo Group, which employs more than 90,000 people, has production facilities in 19 countries and sells their products in more than 180 markets. In Dublin, Virginia, the Group Trucks Operations of the Americas has its corporate presence in conjunction with the New River Valley assembly plant. The Dublin facility has 300 management and support staff serving 2100 industrial workers. The plant assembles over a hundred Class 8 Heavy Duty Trucks daily
Maintenance Engineering co-op Electrical
The co-op role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a manufacturing environment, and to support/promote the graduate's career goals through interaction with engineering professionals. Co-ops participate in professional activities for Volvo New River Valley Plant by working on practical, innovative and important projects. This co-op provides structured learning experiences where co-ops and our Engineering professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The co-op allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo New River Valley Plant.
The purpose of this position is to provide engineering support to the Maintenance Engineering and Operations department and to provide learning opportunities for Mechanical or Electrical Engineering students, or Engineering Technology students.
- The position will review equipment preventative maintenance checks for effectiveness and look for ways to improve the pms and also to improve equipment reliability.
- The position will review equipment documentation and help with creating and maintaining the equipment library.
- The position will review recommended spare parts and help determine stocking requirements and also work with our Computerized Maintenance Management System to validate parts.
- The student will also help analyze the criticality of spare parts for equipment and create spare parts ledgers for production equipment and apply Failure Effect Mode Analysis methods.
- The position will give the student opportunities to learn and apply lean manufacturing principals within the maintenance organization.
- The position will assist with and create professional and autonomous maintenance calendars.
- Students will be involved in creating One Point Lessons as required
- Create power point presentations for communication of new project ideas and reports.
- The student needs to have intermediate Excel skills for Data analysis and creating graphs.
- Must have experience in EXCEL, MS Word, AutoCAD or similar type of drafting program.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering or Instrumentation at an accredited school and have a at least 30 semester hours prior to the start of the co-op.
- All applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.