Department: Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing – Powertrain – Combustion
We are looking for a Commodity buyer, located in Gothenburg (Sweden) for Exhaust After-Treatment System (EATS) portfolio.
You will join a passionate team, creating business value in an open and multicultural, dynamic environment, on highly innovative products of the powertrain area.
We value team players, with energy and creativity, who are willing to drive the change and strive for the best in order to deliver results, and motivated by challenging situations.
Your main challenges will be to Contribute to segment strategies being an active member in the global network of commodity buyers, in order to select the right suppliers, and to continuously secure the best supplier QDCFTSR performance (Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management).
- Develop segment strategies
- Secure that supplier selection is aligned with the Segment strategy & Business Plan
- Drive all relevant activities to deliver on QDCFTSR targets
- Be an active member in the global network of commodity buyers
- Secure the outcome of the sourcing in a contractual package
- Execute agreements with suppliers
- Drive supply chain delivery and optimization
- Monitor, identify and mitigate risks. Manage crisis situations
- Manage and negotiate product/processes changes
- Drive all relevant activities to deliver on QDCFTSR targets during production phase and after production phase for Revenue Parts
- Forecast cost evolution for scope of responsibility
- Several years purchasing experience, preferably in automotive
- Business acumen
- Purchasing and negotiation experience
- Motivated by change management and ability to drive change
- Master of Science or Business Administration
- Excellent spoken and written English
- We would like to welcome you to our team where positive attitude, perseverance and focus on continuous improvement are a must
- You like doing business and you are result oriented, with a proven ability to establish targets and drive results
- We believe you are a supportive team player and are comfortable working with different cultures, people and also cross functionally, taking the lead in various groups and situations
- The ability to take ownership for your deliverables is a must, being solution oriented and having analytical mind-set
- We will offer you a very dynamic, interesting and challenging job where you will be able to personally grow and develop your skills further
- We strive to be a multicultural organization. We welcome applicants which can even further increase our diversity
For more information please contact with: Bocquet Sebastien, Manager EATS, +33 665897417
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.