Engineer- Senior Manufacturing
Are you an experienced engineer and project manager who wants to work for a respected, global company that values people? Have you installed equipment or new processes? Designed or developed assembly lines? Apply now!
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
Our industrial project engineering team is growing! We work cross-functionally and globally to exceed our customers' expectations. We have exciting work in front of us, and more on the horizon! We want a mature engineer and project leader who can plan and prioritize, collaborate and communicate, and deliver.
Responsibilities include leading industrial projects which can include new products and processes, and/or large modifications of existing production lines. You'll utilize the tools of the Volvo Production System and other lean initiatives to meet present and future demands. Collaborate with production, quality, material control, industrial development, business process/logistics, human resources, finance, maintenance, suppliers, and global Volvo entities as required ensures the success of our projects.
WHO ARE YOU?
- Use your skills and experiences in concert with Lean Manufacturing to deliver business needs
- Evaluate and recommend manufacturing processes, techniques, equipment, gauging, and IT systems
- Learn and/or evaluate new technologies and systems and determine applicability for our processes
- Evaluate theoretical volume capacities with various scenarios and recommend appropriate manning and equipment requirements
- Develop cost effective engineering solutions with flexibility for product and volume changes
- Establish processes that promote a safe and clean environment
- Value and contribute to our diverse team
- Engage global technical teams to share and utilize best practices
- Develop project plans and gain agreement from relevant stakeholders
- Utilize experiences from current production into new product and manufacturing projects
- Drive and master 5S principles throughout all activities
- Listen to understand the needs of the internal and external customers
- Collaborate to creatively solve problems
- Present ideas, problems, and solutions clearly in written and verbal communication
- Seamlessly deescalate conflicts to achieve win-win-win solutions
- Take initiative to foresee problems and take strategic actions
- BS Degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering or equivalent
- Proven project management skills
- 10+ years of exceling in manufacturing engineering
- Demonstrated individual and teamwork problem solving
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated risk identification and mitigation skills
- Time management and prioritization skills
- 3D Drawing/Inventor experience
- Volvo manufacturing systems experience
- PMP Certification
- Six Sigma Black Belt
- Proficiency in the English language is required
- Proficiency in Swedish, French, and/or Portuguese is a plus
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.