Are ready for a meaningful challenge, have a passion for quality, customer satisfaction, and eager to make a difference, we invite you to apply for our Logistics Engineer position. At Mack Trucks, we support our team members in achieving their goals while at the same time helping to make our customers successful.
We strive for balance and believe that actively prioritizing a high level of diversity in our workforce creates a competitive advantage. Our people make the difference!
- Design internal and external logistics processes that utilize lean manufacturing concepts
- Define strategies to optimize procedures, minimize wastes, and decrease logistics costs
- Implement future material handling flows and all supporting physical and electronic processes and documentation
- Create process standardizations, operator expectations, material disbursement routes, and related KPI/PIs supporting Material Availability at Point of Use
- Strong data purification and analysis skills; must be able to make data driven decisions and influence
- Define and execute station standards to comply with internal flow strategies
- Have an understanding of packaging structure, inventory volumes, and how it impacts supply chain and material handling
- Help create a facility that is founded on a Plan for Every Part (PFEP) station layout with just-in-time deliveries, and a two-bin systems
- Advanced understanding basic computer programs (Excel, Power Point, Word, Access)
- Strong communication, planning, organization and visualization/presentation skills
- Greenfield and/or existing factory and process design and implementation experience
- Proficient with AutoCAD
- Volvo Production System/Toyota Production System
- Lean manufacturing concepts and principles
- Ability to work flexible hours (including varying shifts, possible weekends and overtime)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, or equivalent required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a related field
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.