Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Embedded Software Systems (ESW)
Manufacturing Engineer that will ensure the Embedded Software (ESW) process is developed and implemented according to the Volvo global GTO standards and best practices, and secured with the goal of meeting plant KPI’s. Responsible for safety, quality, delivery, and cost of the production process, as well as projects/staff and competence development.
- The individual follows the direction of Industrial Engineering Systems Manager. Co-ordinates the business plan with peers
- Act as Project manager at the NRV truck assembly plant for software / truck system project introductions
- Serve in a Local Technical Specialist (LTS) leadership role at the NRV truck assembly plant in multiple global networks (including Embedded Software Systems, Dyno, Electronic Truck Technology and other required areas)
- Establish and maintain the optimum production methods, standards, tooling and equipment for all assigned products and processes
- Active participation in MTS network & Implement the GTO standards, process and best practices in plant
- Promote manufacturing safety and efficiency through implementation of method/process change, ergonomic application and safety awareness
- Develop cost saving proposals and improve productivity
- Development of future engineering solutions to lowest possible cost and with flexibility for product and volume changes
- Analyze and recommend manufacturing processes, equipment, gauging, and tooling towards zero defects
- Help train & develop technicians on ESW tools & systems
- Knowledge of the truck electronic architecture:
- Electronic Control Units (ECU) and peripheral input devices and output devices
- OBD II specification, DTCs
- Automotive communication protocol and standards (SAE, CAN)
- Embedded software structure
- Truck electronics and wiring harnesses
- Wiring diagrams/schematic reading skills
- Knowledge of tools for measuring the electrical characteristics and diagnosing trucks wiring harnesses and digital data buses
- Knowledge of production tools and systems for embedded systems diagnostic and testing
- Truck roller dynamometer and road load simulation principles
- Truck active safety systems (ABS/EBS, Traction control, etc.): operation principals and testing methods
- Diagnostic services and communication with ECU’s for testing purposes
- General knowledge of PLC’s
- Good skills in C programming language
- Extensive knowledge of engineering concepts, manufacturing, the product, production standards and efficiency optimization tools; process oriented
- Project management skills
- Proven ability to visualize future opportunities, plan action items and lead team towards successful completion of company objectives
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems and acting despite obstacles, resistance or ambiguity
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to manage change
- Proven ability to react to issues impacting production with a sense of urgency, promptly assessing the issue and developing a feasible action plan and following it through to successful completion
- Experience in a team-based environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possesses strong analytical skills and demonstrated focus on process and Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Excellent skills in Excel, Power Point and Word
- Bachelor degree in Engineering (Electrical, Computer Science, Mechanical or Mechatronics preferred)
- Preferred: 5-7 years of manufacturing experience or equivalent with a focus on engineering and production.
- Preferred: Manufacturing experience within Embedded Software, testing tools and methods for Embedded Software.
- Preferred knowledge of Volvo and Mack production tools: PROSIT, PTI, VEPS, DYNO etc.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.