Intro Engineer Electric Mobility
Do you love operations and continuous improvement? Are you passionate about team work? Are you ready for the next step in your career? Is your driving force to achieve something extraordinary together with others?
We can offer you a highly challenging and fun position with a great purpose in Volvo Buses.
Your primary focus will be to lead, participate and secure product introductions for the electric mobility tech area. Closely with our plants in Sweden, Polen, India and Mexico develop our chassis platform and meet internal and external customer expectations. In this position you will be reporting to the Intro Engineering Manager.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
The Intro Engineering Department in Borås is divided in four groups consistent of project managers, Intro engineers, Material Preparation Engineers and Tooling Engineers. We are involved early phases in the projects together with product development and work globally to prepare and secure product introductions. In cooperation with the local Productions Engineers at the sites we work with continuously to improve our existing products.
- Responsible for central preparation of assembly instructions, time-studies and development of tools & equipment for product projects
- Responsible that MAS is updated (Master Assembly structure) in our internal operational system
- Initiate the need of tools and put an order to tooling and equipment (TER) for design and prototype
- Involved in the development of tools and equipment
- Have a close cooperation with the manufacturing engineers, process department, T&E in plants
- Lead investigation within engineering in front of DVP gates
- Investigate, gather and communicate requirements to technical design solutions
- Support project builds (CO/IN/P-builds)
- Define method and tooling and secure that these are used by all plants
- Lead a network of engineers
- In case of product and process deviations propose temporary solutions
To our team we are looking for you who have:
- BSc or MSc in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Practical knowledge and experience from developing products in the automobile segment
- Intimate knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Experience from driving improvements based on the Lean concept
- Excellent communication and language skills, fluent in Swedish and English
For further information, please contact:
Hiring Manger: Jonas Berg, Intro Engineering Manager, +46 739027001
Ulf Hedberg, HR Manager, +46 31 3237333
Ida Stray, representing Akademikerna +46 31 3223784
Kjell Hipsi, Representing Unionen +46 31 3226591
Volvo Buses, is driven by a purpose to ensure that millions of people reach their travel destination every day. Reliably, safely and with respect for the environment. We want to make a difference, being pioneers of sustainable transport solutions of the future. We want to be there for our customers providing uptime and reliability, all over the world every day. Volvo Buses is leading the biggest technology shift in public transport in decades with our electromobility offer. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.