Credit Manager is responsible for ensuring the execution of financial transactions in alignment with Credit Policies and Volvo Group Financial Policies & Procedures to build high quality retail portfolio of VFS Japan Co., Ltd. (“VFSJ”). He/she needs to ensure the effective and efficient functioning of the Risk department.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
In VFSJ, the Credit Manager directly reports to Head of Risk and a member of Risk Department inclusive of credit underwriting, portfolio management as well as collections. He/she is expected to play a collaborative role in working with team members as well as cross functional teams.
- Collate and analyse additional relevant information prior to underwriting.
- Make recommendation and take decisions within approved credit policy and procedures.
- Ensure the credit application flow to ensure accurate and timely processing of applications.
- Gather and compile data to ensure that sufficient information is available to relevant Credit Committees and/or more senior decision makers.
- Maintain a high quality of lending to ensure delinquency and charge offs are kept to a minimum level.
- Prepare written credit approval packages made/recommend credit decisions of financing applications.
- Analyse nonstandard and complex credit applications and verifies credit data consistency.
- Provide portfolio and trend analysis with appropriate recommendations (include proper proposals on the change of local credit policy) based on gathered statistical and management information on the overall portfolio.
- Keep abreast of credit and finance industry regulations, requirements and trends, communicate pertinent information within the team.
- Participate in quality and process improvement.
- Provide training and knowledge sharing to other functions.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects when required
WHO ARE YOU?
We are looking forward to having our new Credit Manager bring with him/her risk and credit knowledge, strong bi-lingual communication skills as well as basic analytical skills. More detailed expectations are outlined below.
Education & Professional Experience
- University degree required preferably in Business, Finance or Marketing
- Typically minimum of 3 years experiences in working in a credit and collection functions in finance industry. Preferably experience in corporate leasing or lending business.
- Working experience with a multinational environment preferred
Competencies & Skills
- Good knowledge and understanding of financial analysis, products, services and collections.
- Set high standards of professionalism and operate with integrity and self-motivation.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact and influence at all levels both internally and externally.
- Strategic and logical thinking
- Data analytical skills preferred
- Ability to solve problems and execute by him/herself
- Adaptability and agility
- Good command of written and spoken English and business level Japanese is mandatory
- Proficient PC skills with MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.