Your mission is to drive and achieve all Purchasing Objectives for the assigned portfolio within Group Trucks Purchasing JAC PWT team.
Your role as a Commodity Buyer is both strategic & operational, taking care of sourcing, project deliverables and operational maintenance activities.
- Member of casting and Forging purchasing team in GTP JAC PWT.
- Lead cross-functional team to define and develop segment purchasing strategies.
- Lead cross-functional team to make supplier selection and negotiate agreements.
- Secure overall good supplier relationship through conducting business review meetings regularly.
- Close monitoring of supplier performance and take corrective actions where needed.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and suppliers, to secure the project deliveries on QDCF for both start-up projects and maintenance projects.
- Generate cost savings through creativities and cross functional workshops, including engineering, logistics and plant.
- Drive and achieve the target on MCL/MCE, Delivery Precision, Contract Coverage, and Localization Requirements.
- Support to improve the customer focus by jointly solving the quality issues, and improve PPM/QPM and QJ lead time.
- Closely monitor market developments, trends and the best practices available in the market
Required Skills / Experiences
- More than 5years’ experience in purchasing/supply chain/logistics/material management experience
- Previous experience in Commercial Vehicle is preferred
- Previous experience in Purchasing and/or negotiation experience in a supplier/customer relationship. Automotive experience is beneficial.
- Other essential competencies: Fluent in English, Strategic orientation, Strong negotiator, Business Acumen, Cost Management, Legal Management, Relevant process & system knowledge, Priority Setting, Integrity and Trust, Drive for results, Customer focus.
- Strong team player, self-starter and the ability to take initiatives
- Bachelor Degree
- Master Degree(advanced)
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Speak Japanese is a plus
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.