Lead Engineer - Cab Living
LEAD ENGINEER IN CAB LIVING – SUPPORTS DESIGN AND FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR VARIOUS COMPLEX COMPONENTS AND/OR SYSTEMS WITHIN THE CAB INTERIOR LIVING ENVIRONMENT
- Life cycle responsibility for various complex Cab Living (Interior) components or systems - responsibilities include concept development, detailed engineering design, post-production maintenance and all engineering administration for interior living related parts – the Living team is responsible for cabinets, wall trim, headliners, floor mats and other interior trim related components
- Maintains engineering documentation for area of responsibility; releases engineering change notices, approves requests for change
- Is responsible for the quality, timeliness and accuracy of deliveries; embraces accountability and ownership within area of responsibility
- TECHNICAL LEADERSHIP - you will be responsible for the cross functional coordination of interests with counterparts in other departments – stakeholders include Purchasing, Product Design, Aftermarket/Parts/Service, Manufacturing and Quality - you will lead this team of stakeholders to ensure that all stakeholder’s needs and requirements are balanced and satisfied
- Ensures components and systems meet all applicable regulatory demands
- Understands moderately complex injection molded interior component and soft trim system design - can design and mange deliveries toward project targets for features, cost and timing
- Participates in complex knowledge sharing across the broader Cab organization, locally and globally
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Values differences
- Action oriented
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Master of Science degree (Mechanical) preferred
- At least 10 years of experience in product development with experience in automotive or transportation interiors; Heavy truck experience is preferred
- Experience with injection molded plastics design, sheet metal; experience with engineering fabric components is preferred
- Familiar with the use of quality tools such as FMEA, Root Cause Analysis, etc.
- Experience in a major CAD system preferably Catia V5; Working knowledge of using PDM systems
- Strong communication skills
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.