Associate Verification Engineer
Are you looking for a challenging engineering role in an organization that values new ideas and mentors new employees in our products? At the Volvo Group, we listen to our employees and encourage them apply their fresh ideas and industry experience to create innovative solutions for our customers. If you thrive in leading change and you are able to contribute to a climate of cross-functional teamwork where everyone is accountable and proud of the products and solutions they create, then we hope you consider joining our team.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
We want to make a difference by being there for our colleagues and our customers and by providing high quality and reliable products. All over the world. Every day. You will work with a diverse and passionate team who value a culture of learning and mentoring. You will have a chance to work hands on with solutions under development and apply your skills to deliver only the highest quality to our customers.
The mission of the Associate Verification Engineer is to assist in problem solving activities related to Electronic Control Unit (ECU) or end-to-end function issues. The verification engineer also executes and reports test results to the Verification Leader. This position works hands-on with the product and provides an opportunity for product knowledge and skill development.
- Interface with system requirements developer
- Analyze input requirements
- Review and apply technical specifications and requirements
- Analyze test development plan and test needs
- Review industry test standards for application to release testing
- Define needed acceptance test and document in a test plan
- Develop and document processes for verification for various Electrical projects
- Develop test specifications for a given test scope
- Create and update required test scope, test specifications, and test cases
- Develop and maintain guidelines for test environment preparation
- Manage the test environment configuration
- Model hardware, sensors, actuators, or use simulation tools to create a test environment to allows for testing the scope of the request
- Develop automation within test environments
- Receive and manage SW deliveries from SW integration
- Perform ECU programming and configuration
- Perform data logging, analyze log files, and captured DTCs
- Generate problem reports
- Test execution & reporting of specific area or level
- Progress reporting including problem reporting on the testing activity
- Evaluate results from performed acceptance test and give approval recommendations.
- Deliver the test scope according to time commitments
- Create and deliver the final reports according to the task request
- Support ECU SW and HW Owner with problem solving activities
WHO ARE YOU?
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or related field, required. Master’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of Automotive instrumentation and HMI applications and simulations is preferred
- Knowledge of On board diagnostics (OBD) and emission regulations (CARB, EPA, BIN) is preferred
- Knowledge of software development principles is preferred
- Knowledge of configuration management is preferred
- Ability to manage work independently
- Ability to use standard shop tools for troubleshooting and repair
- Experience working with Sahara cards and Beckhoff modules is preferred
- Experience working with Vector tools (CANcase, CANalyzer, CAN0e) is preferred
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.