Test Engineer NVH for Transmission Verification
Would you like to develop the next generation of software controlled truck gearboxes?
Would you like to work in an enthusiastic and proud team of test engineers?
Then this is the right position for you!
The Volvo gearbox I-shift, AMT, is a unique selling point for Volvo Group truck brands Volvo, Renault and Mack and to maintain and to further develop the product, gearbox projects have been and will be continue to be launched. The gearbox platform development is made in Gothenburg, Sweden. The Driveline & Electro mobility testing group is responsible for the development testing and the verification testing.
As a test engineer at the testing group you will be directly involved in the development work of gearboxes and involved in a wide range of analysis and verification assignments. You will work in a test environment that stretches from test cells of different complexity up to complete vehicle level.
The NVH testing are at single components up to complete powertrain at vehicle and in test cells.
You are responsible for developing new test methods and ways of working in the area.
You contribute to the technology development by presenting results from tests and propose product improvements. In more details this means that you prepare and run tests, analyze test results and present findings. Good ability to make decisions and drive assignments individually and in teams
Qualifications and skills
- Experience in NVH testing for 3-5 years
- Experience from automotive technology development is an advantage
- Programming skills is a merit
- Experience working with large amounts of data, multichannel measurement
- Knowledge of being able to perform tests in rig and vehicles
- Knowledge of some of the following measurement systems for NVH, PAK from Muller BBM, VibroAkustik systeme or Siemens LMS Testlab is a considered merit
- Several years of habit of producing maximum response and fatigue damage spectra from measured vibration data. Produce suitable vibration profiles for electrodynamic vibration test (SW LMS Mission Synthesis)
- Master degree or equivalent
As test engineer you will be an important part in a team of passionate colleagues working on continuous improvements of processes and ways of working. You will have the opportunity to work with the development of the next generation of our gearboxes.
We think that you have a passion for working with driveline testing and feel you are the right candidate and have what it takes then we look forward to your application!
At Powertrain Engineering we are actively working to establish teams that will take maximum advantage of the strength inherent differences in knowledge, experience, age, gender and nationality.
For further information contact
Stephan Lindström, Group Manager, +46 31 3223549
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you