Back Order Recovery Analyst
Back Order Recovery Analyst
The purpose of this job is to expedite all unavailable stocking parts to the dealer network and direct customers for the specific Business Areas in Mexico. This person is responsible for the quality and efficiency of determining the best method for delivering a part on an existing parts order including escalating situations. This exempt position reports to the Supply Planning & BOR Manager.
- Ensures all unavailable parts ordered obtain a reliable ETA, recovering back orders in an acceptable timeframe and in the most efficient, cost effective way to satisfy the needs of the Customer.
- Updates lead times on back orders in the Back Order Recovery System (FileMaker) and maintains the information up-to-date.
- Documents every follow-up action in the Back Order Recovery System and utilize the imbedded system functions for an efficient follow up of tasks.
- Follows up on supplier lead times assuring meeting the confirmed lead times.
- Follows up on material in transit, assuring the established process times are met: from import to warehouse delivery, from goods reception to back order release.
- Considers all possible alternatives in resolving a customer or dealer back order using the availability within the Supply Chain network (Volvo warehouses, production facilities, dealer network, etc.)
- Escalates in timely matter problem situations.
- Strong working relationship with Suppliers, Manufacturing Facilities, Purchasing, Material Planning Analysts, Product Planning, Logistics Operations, Pricing, Specifications, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of Supplier and Volvo Parts, Volvo mainframe systems, AS400, SPM, FileMaker, DFS (Dealer Facing System), Compass, LPA processes, etc. Utilize all systems to perform all required functions.
- Ensures all parts back order recovery processes are streamlined and documented.
- Identify, report, and implement continuous process improvements which will ensure efficiencies in backorder recovery performance.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with appropriate individuals or departments to ensure success in the daily activities.
- Support other members of the department (regardless of their level), and receive support and assistance from others with your work.
- Maintain a positive “Team” attitude where the customer is critical, and the first impression of the Company is a top priority.
- Elaborates and follows up on Key Performance Indicators.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and/or 2 plus years of equivalent work experience.
- 1-2 years customer service experience working frontline with Dealers/Customers is a plus.
- Excellent computer proficiency required (Microsoft Windows environment).
- Strong interpersonal skills and negotiating skills supported by strong written and verbal communication skills both in Spanish as in English.
- Ability to work independently internally motivated.
- Must exhibit accuracy and timeliness in the performance of assigned duties.
- Innovative problem solving, research and analytical skills.
- Strong work ethic and drive to achieve team goals.
- Passion for satisfying clients and fulfilling commitments.
- Ability to develop and maintain productive business relationships.
- High-energy with ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic and unstructured environment.
- Skilled in Customer Focus, Decision Quality, Timely Decision Making, Problem Solving, Informing, Learning on the Fly, Listening, Perseverance, Time Management.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.