Senior function developer safe decision & control – Vehicle Automation
What we offer
At the forefront of Research and Development in the automotive industry, Volvo Group Trucks Technology offers you the opportunity to join our team in charge of software and algorithm development for Traffic Situation Management for Automated Vehicles. The team belongs to the Vehicle Automation department which has the responsibility to lead the development of Vehicle Automation and Active Safety systems for the full life-cycle enabling tomorrow’s trucks. In particular, the Traffic Situation Management team is responsible for taking the product ownership over time for automated Traffic Situation Management including research, concept studies, industrialization and maintenance in the areas of:
Predicting future states for both the ego vehicle and the surrounding traffic.
- Deciding which action the ego vehicle should take
- Creating the trajectory that executes the decision and controls the ego vehicle
- Ensuring the safety of the planned action and trajectory
We are now looking for an energetic experienced person who can strengthen our team in the area of developing concepts and algorithms for ensuring safe decisions and control of the automated vehicle. In this job you will make a difference by tackling the challenge of automated driving through innovative concepts, algorithms and quality software code to create ground-breaking solutions that ensure the safety of automated vehicles in the mobility solutions of tomorrow.
To succeed in this job, we would like you to bring:
- A Master’s or preferably a PhD degree in mathematics, engineering, computer science, robotics, or similar technical field of study
- 5+ years of experience in relevant area e.g. trajectory optimization, planning under uncertainty, probabilistic robotics, optimal control, mathematical modelling and statistics, numerical optimization etc. preferable in the automotive industry
- Experience in data structures, advanced algorithms and programming e.g. in C++ for robust, safety-critical and efficient code with real-time constraints
- Goal oriented mind-set with the ability to develop cost competitive, state of the art, technology for best in class products
- Proven analytical and collaboration skills to effectively solve complex problem together with your colleagues
If the description above matches you and you are ready for advanced engineering tasks that challenge you to continue your technical and personal development? Then this position is the place for you to prosper and we are eager to receive your application letter and CV in English.
For further information you are welcome to contact:
Julia Nilsson, Manager Traffic Situation Management, Phone +46 739021344
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.