Quality First Line Manager
Inbound Quality First Line Manager
Central Distribution Center in Byhalia, Mississippi
Service Market Logistics (SML) is part of Volvo Group Trucks Operations (GTO). We are a global organization of about 3,750 employees located in over 47 locations in 30 countries. Every day we deliver world-class operational excellence to our customers by applying smart logistics solutions. Our job is to develop, manage and optimize the Service Market supply chain (aftermarket parts distribution to dealer network) for all Volvo Group brands and joint ventures. The scope of Service Market Logistics’ functions include: Supply Chain Optimization, Inventory Management, Distribution Center Operations, Customs & Trade, and Transport Optimization. We develop logistics solutions to ensure the highest parts availability, delivery precision and quality everywhere around the world. We have an innovative and diverse workforce applying the Volvo Group values with a high focus on customer success.
SML North America (NA) has over 1,000 employees across the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our distribution network consists of our Central Distribution Center (Byhalia, MS) as well as nine Regional Distribution Centers across the North American region. The Byhalia DC is a one million square foot facility located approximately 25 miles southeast of Memphis, TN and employs over 500 employees.
The Inbound Quality Supervisor is responsible for the supervision and coordination of Supplier Quality Specialists and Inbound Quality Auditors performing acceptance activities to receive/approve incoming products and daily supplier quality functions. The incumbent includes the acceptance and rejection of all vendor supplied material and sub-assemblies requiring inspection, and also control the local scrap process for damaged parts returned from customers or product damaged due to improper handling inside the warehouse. The Inbound Quality Supervisor will also maintain and organize all data collection used in support of daily, weekly and monthly quality indicators and reporting.
- Manages an allocated part of Quality Activities performed at the Distribution Center (Inbound/Receiving Area)
- Manages Supplier Quality Specialists and Inbound Quality Auditors
- Champion and support the development of the quality culture in inbound organization
- Responsible to Implement change through standardized work processes while using the 4 step training approach
- Use robust problem solving methods to determine root causes for deviations and work to solutions
- Engages other Volvo entities and supplier to solve quality issues, when required
- Enforce rules and regulations
- Cooperates with colleagues and drives cross-functional work with support organizations, in order to secure deliverables in an end-to-end customer perspective
- Provide leadership to Supplier Quality Specialists and Inbound Quality setting priorities and maintaining efficiencies of the department
- Show employees how to properly operate equipment and systems and mentor or instruct new employees
- Schedule work assignment and monitor performance to ensure that work is done according to requirements
- Support overall timekeeping and attendance tracking of the quality and inventory team, ensuring SAP and other systems are kept updated
- Assist with attracting, hiring and developing talent for new as well for existing employees
- Support and ensure compliance with ISO9001, and ISO4001 and communicate requirements to his/her team
- Maintain responsibility for all inbound quality activities related to receiving inspections, inbound process audits, put away audits and supplier quality activities
- Coordinate and prioritize all receiving acceptance and inspection activities to achieve daily targets and insure the completeness and accuracy of all inspection activities Investigate quality discrepancies and determine final disposition of all vendor-supplied product/service. Initiate preventative and corrective action activities using Quality Notifications and Inspections Reports as is required
- Ensure all inspection standards, tools, and equipment is of the latest revision and properly maintained and calibrated
- Perform supplier evaluation activities in cooperation with Materials Management, Purchasing, Engineering and Operations to ensure that all purchased or otherwise received products and services conform to specified requirements
- Conduct periodic supplier product, process and systems audits to assure compliance with established product specifications and quality system requirements (as required)
- Compile and maintain all daily, weekly, monthly quality data collection and reporting activities used in support of measuring vendor performance and monthly quality report generation
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Business, Engineering or similar field preferred
- 5 years of experience in Distribution/Manufacturing/ Logistics and Quality is required
- 2 or more years of supplier quality/ supplier relations experience is required
- 2 or more years of management/supervisory experience preferred
- Proven skills in developing people; coaching and shaping a high-performing team
- Strong leadership skills using an inclusive style of coaching
- Significant change management experience with the ability to set demanding targets; and then motivate teams and individuals to deliver outside their comfort zones
- Strong Knowledge in Lean Principles through formal training preferred
- Proficient in MS Office
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.