Senior Electrical & Electronics Engineer
The role of the Senior Power Management Electrical Engineer is to develop, release and support vehicle-based electrical power related hardware components of high quality per defined requirements. This is a growing and dynamic technology area with high visibility within the company as we transition past traditional 12VDC applications and move into 24/48VDC systems, and beyond. The position offers a great opportunity to work with a high performing, diverse and expert power electronics and electrical components engineering team.
In this role you will create an efficient and trustful day-to-day operation. You have proven experience as a technical leader. It is important that you have an innovative and creative mind-set in order to inspire and challenge your organization. You also have a true can do attitude, a strong quality focus and a personal drive to reach the objectives and targets set for your team & products, understanding how these contribute to the our vision, strategy & roadmap.
This position is for a person with abilities to work under challenging conditions and to create a successful working environment. As a professional, you have broad technical know-how combined with great people skills and passion for continuous improvement. You have a strong ability to inspire, develop and motivate individuals and teams.
- Develop functional and technically feasible concepts for meeting Project pre-requisites.
- Create Technical Requirements and Logical Design Specifications for electrical components that deliver the necessary functionality, provide the best reliable functionality and quality, and meet all related regulatory and safety requirements.
- Conduct detailed design reviews with suppliers and cross-functional stakeholders to insure correct component functionality and system integration.
- Conduct quality assurance reviews including FMEA’s, A3’s and Risk Assessments.
- Manage internal and external suppliers to insure component with required feature and function delivery per specifications and project timing.
- Provide technical ownership and cross-functional technical support to other departments.
- Resolve fault reports and quality improvements related to power components by identifying root cause and corrective actions required.
- Assist with development and designs for improvement of components, systems, costs or assembly/manufacturing methods.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field is required. Master of Science in Electrical Engineering, Electronics, or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum six years of experience in power electrical or electronics developing components or systems, preferably in trucking or automotive
- Have an open multi-brand and multi-cultural mindset
- Have good communication skills
- Be business- and customer-oriented
- Have excellent prioritization skills and ability to eliminate roadblocks
- Have an inspiring leadership and find it rewarding to manage co-workers to perform their best in a successful working climate
- Leadership competencies: Customer Focus, Decision Quality, Instills Trust, Demonstrates Self Awareness, Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.