Lead Engineer, Data Analysis Driving Performance
There is now an opportunity for you to join us in the Driving Performance Team as a Data Analyst for Fuel Economy, Average Speed and Drivability.
Driving performance defines, verifies and validates customer features focusing on enhancement of vehicle lifetime productivity. The team's main goal is to sustain and strengthen our leading position on heavy duty trucks around the globe.
What do our customers expect? How do they use their trucks? Does our test codes and validation procedures match REAL customer usage? We want to know more and need a Data Analyst to join!
As a data analyst, you provide operational support for example solving problems and securing relevant requirements. Furthermore, you support the strategic road-map for both analytics methods and the future tools & platform.
Your creative thinking and problem-solving skills will contribute to solving some complex challenges in the areas of data mining and knowledge building. You will be actively finding new ways to understanding our customers’ usage and their expectations on their vehicles.
- As a lead data analyst you will be responsible for all steps of an analytics assignment, from data & data structuring, modeling, problem solving and recommendation
- You will take the lead in extracting data and analyze real customer usage to help our customers understand negative and positive behavior, reduce fuel consumption and CO2 emissions
- You will develop & implement methods to assist feature leaders and test engineers in setting the right requirements and improving test methods
- You will contribute with technical insight to the strategy & road-map for the analytics area
- Contribute to process & organizational development in all processes where our analytics tools are used
- You will drive implementation of new truck log parameters for future functionalities
We are Driving Performance. We contribute to deliver the right Products & Services to all Volvo Group brand customers. If you join us, you will be part of an engaged and tight team where we rely on cooperation and support from each other to be successful.
At Volvo Group Trucks Technology are actively working to establish teams that will take maximum advantage of the strength, inherent to differences in knowledge, experience, age, gender and nationality, among others.
Who are you?
We believe that you are passionate about data and automotive industry. You accept responsibility to drive your work and tasks forward, good communication skills and you enjoy cooperating with other strong team members to push our product further. You have a high integrity, customer focus mindset and an ambition for continuous improvement. We also believe that you have adequate planning and organizing abilities.
We believe that you have:
- Sharp analytic, statistical and logical mindset and great problem solving skills. Recognizing patterns in data, information, or events, drawing logical conclusions, and making recommendations of the most suitable models and statistical approaches
- Knowledge in developing statistical models to describe and evaluate vehicle usage in automotive applications. You have the ability to effectively translate business problems into technical solutions, and communicate effectively with customers, engineering colleagues as well as senior management
- Creativity & Innovation: Reframing traditional patterns of thinking and applying new and evolving ideas, methods, designs and technologies. You are able to identify new opportunities and convince peers, managers and cross-functional internal stakeholders to test out new approaches
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated
- Basic knowledge in automotive engineering, combustion engines, electrical engineering
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent is minimum required
- Good experience from the automotive industry in the Fuel/Energy areas
- Knowledge in Powertrain/ Hybrid/ Electric area is an advantage
- You are a team player, with good listening skills and empathy
- English proficiency
Group Manager Driving Performance, Aero & Climate
Phone: +46 7390 285 12
Phone: +46 7390 279 27
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.