Float Pool Front Line Manager
SML North America (NA) has over 1,000 employees across the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our distribution network consists of a Central Distribution Center (Byhalia, MS) as well as 8 Regional Distribution Centers across the North American region.
Mission/Purpose of the Position
The Float Pool First Line Manager (FLM) is responsible for running the operations in the DC, outside of daytime working hours. During this time, he/she will coach team leads and safeguard good cross-functionality in order to secure deliverables.
The Float Pool FLM closely connects with other supervisors on operational planning matters. Planning of pool operators in his/her shift and allocating resources for training and continuous improvement (including reserve supervisors) is a key deliverable for this role.
- Manages the operations of the assigned functions at the DC
- Supervises and coaches team leads
- Makes the overall short term operational planning for the DC
- Manages the pool operators in his/her allocated shift
- Cooperates with colleagues in order to have a complete view on manning and resource needs for operations, training and continuous improvement.
- Cooperates with colleagues to drive cross-functional work with support organizations, in order to secure deliverables in an end-to-end customer perspective
- Supports Continuous Improvement work (PSM, kaizen workshops, etc.)
- Contacts with other Volvo entities and third parties, for operational issues, when required.
- Accountable for the operational performance
- Responsible for adherence to safety and ergonomic standards.
- Secures adherence to quality processes.
- Secures internal lead times and timely deliveries towards dealers/customers
- Supervises adherence to environmental policies and procedures.
- Supervises and coaches team leads and team members in the whole DC.
- Handles all people related and/or disciplinary issues during this period.
- Direct supervision of pool operators in the allocated shift, responsible for personal performance and development dialogues.
- Cooperate with colleagues in order to have a complete view on manning and resource needs for operations, training and continuous improvement.
- Secures overall planning of resources (pool operators and reserve supervisors).
- Responsible for overall IW competence mapping.
- Organizes training activities for existing and new employees (incl. students)
- Responsible for analyzing workforce flexibility, identifying gaps and organize competence development activities.
- Responsible for organizing training/growth programs for specific IW roles (ex. Teamlead)
- Secures a good communication up and down.
- Promotes the Volvo Group values and culture.
- Promotes and lives a strong continuous improvement mindset.
- Develops improvement plans for own area (pool) and contributes to overall DC improvement roadmap.
- Participate in process development activities or projects as required.
- Bachelor of Science or, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Production or other related degree, or 5 – 10 years’ equivalent experience
- 5 to 10 years of experience in warehousing and distribution, production or other related areas.
- Must have extensive knowledge of problem solving and be able to use and train others on the use of a wide range of measurement equipment and problem solving tools.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Formal training in leading by influence, communication and people skills is valuable
- Good experience in change management and demonstrated ability to challenge an organization, whilst further developing an excellent working climate and atmosphere in alignment with the Volvo Way and the Code of Conduct.
- Demonstrate good ability to network and build collaboration through networking
- Good experience in working with management by influence
- Strong in interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability for teamwork
- Show drive and persistence over the time
- Ability and interest to build a strong company culture
- As all documentation is in English, proficiency in the English language is required.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively within a multi-cultural and international environment
- Willing to travel domestically and Internationally (occasional)
- Proficiency in MS Office
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.