Product Support Service Representative – Bay Area
- Demonstrates a safe work and environmentally sound behaviors at all times in support of VCES California’s Health and Safety Policy, Programs and initiatives.
- Conducts initial assessment of sold equipment, for repair needs in order to proactively determine service needs.
- Recommends the best solution to the customer’s concerns related to service and parts issues.
- Provide customers with outstanding assistance and answer all technical questions for the full range of VCES represented equipment types and brands.
- Cultivates a customer care environment by supporting with sales, ordering, and tracking of parts and or services.
- Facilitates the training for the customer’s operators and familiarizes the operators with VCES equipment and machine systems.
- Sets in motion customer communication for the rental of equipment.
- Maintains a sound working relationship with all VCES departments.
- Conducts machine inspections for trade value estimations.
- Supports onsite Volvo Care inspections.
- Works with the CRM system to ensure the company is connected to customers, inputs information to track sales leads, and improve profitability.
- May deliver parts for emergency repair needs.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Must have at a minimum, a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college is highly desired.
- Strong product/industry knowledge related to various types of ground engaging equipment, including, but not limited to excavators, wheel loaders, and articulated hauler trucks preferred.
Additional Important Requirements:
- Computer proficiency, especially with Microsoft products such as Excel and Word is required.
- Demonstrates professionalism and approaches customers in a tactful and respectful manner while under pressure. Accepts responsibility for own actions and follows through on commitments.
- Travel as needed to worksites and check on status of equipment.
- Works with integrity, treats customers with respect, and inspires the trust of others.
- Mush be able to adapts to changes in the work environment, and be able to manage frequent work hour changes, delays, and/or unexpected events.
Physical Requirements (e.g. language, mobility):
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing
- Frequent stooping, bending, overhead reaching, lifting, pulling, caring, or pushing objects or materials, up to 25lbs.
- Occasional lifting, pulling, or pushing objects or materials, up to 50lbs.
- Will work in a noisy, dusty areas with outdoor elements and environment.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders, steps and use handrails for entering and exiting heavy equipment.
With Volvo Construction Equipment, one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the construction industry under the brands Volvo, SDLG and Terex Trucks, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.