Service Designer - Volvo Group Connected Solutions
This is us, your new colleagues
Here you will meet passionate pioneers across a variety of disciplines, ranging from innovation managers and software developers to service designers and data scientists. Together we share knowledge, overcome challenges and celebrate success. We are located in the thriving Lindholmen area in Gothenburg in a newly renovated office.
A service designer at the Innovation Lab helps all brands of the Volvo Group to invent the future by creating magic service experiences that improve our customers’ and users’ everyday life at construction sites, on roads, in city streets, on waters and in industrial contexts. The service designer empathizes with customers in order to identify and understand their problems and pain points, uncovering customer and business needs, and takes a holistic approach so that the entire service experience and all its touch points are designed with the user at the center.
As a service designer you will work with innovation in new services and solutions from idea generation to new ventures, thereby create new business growth for the Volvo Group.
The position reports to the Director Business Innovation & Foresight and is part of the Volvo Group Connected Solutions Innovation Lab.
Who are you?
You are a talented service designer, art/creative director, marketer, or service researcher who wants to push the boundaries in the design of services and solutions for Volvo’s brands.
You should have proven experience from:
- Designing services in a business-to-business context and understand their business models and challenges
- Methods such as business model design, value proposition canvas, customer journey and service blueprint
- Proactively identifying, packaging and communicating new business opportunities
- Creating, expressing and presenting visual design concepts
- Design thinking and lean start-up methodology
You should also:
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset
- Be eager to create and innovate and drive ideas forward
- Network, communicate, lead workshops, and present with ease
- Like to work in a fast paced, multicultural and diverse environment
- Be characterized by humility, integrity and creativity
- Take responsibility for the quality of what we deliver together
- Have humor, because in the end, working here should be fun!
The position is based in Gothenburg, Sweden. Occasional travel is expected.
Are we the perfect match?
If this sounds like the next step in your career, send in your application!
Curious, and have some questions? Call us!
For more information please contact Hans Lind, Director Business Innovation & Foresight +46 73 902 89 40 or Lina Gerlam, HR Business Partner, +46 31 322 82 01
Volvo Group Connected Solutions is a global organization that leads the development of Volvo’s connected services and solutions of tomorrow. We work at the forefront of connectivity by collecting and analyzing data from over 900 000 Volvo assets. The organization is set-up to deliver competitive offerings, shorten time to market and provide an arena for new service innovations together with customers, partners and the Volvo Group.
Come and visit us online!
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.