The Business Controller is responsible for the financial planning and analyses in Markets Nordics and CrossBorder . He/she provides the Business Control Manager and other members of the executive team with financial analysis, forecasts and reports on business performance measured against KPIs.
- Act as a strategic partner/consultant, responding to and communicating thoroughly and efficiently to both internal and external customer requests
- Assist in the planning process throughout the year, including monthly short-term forecasts along with fall and spring long-term forecasts
- Assist in the analysis and governance of general and specific reserves along with compliance to IFRS
- Drive costs analysis in the markets and support efficiency programs when requested
- Drive fee income analysis in the markets and support ad hoc projects
- Monitor and analyze local data to support preparation of the governance material of the markets Executive Management team
- Support the Finance function in developing executive information, reporting and measurements for financial and non-financial data
- Participate in business intelligence initiatives in the markets, regions, and Global HQ
- Ensure VFS financial policies and procedures are controlled, tracked, reported and analyzed in a timely manner, in accordance with Volvo’s Financial Policies and Procedures
- Drives special projects and ad-hoc reporting as required
- Drives continuous quality and process improvements within the Business Control area
- Supports other business functions in delivering controlling advice as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- BS/BA in finance, economics, statistics, business administration, or related field is required
- MBA or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) preferred
- Up to 5 years of experience in financial modeling and planning, business analysis, data analytics, and/or a similar data-driven role
- Experience with innovative problem solving and strong analytical and quantitative abilities – especially in the fields of finance, statistics, and/or mathematical modeling
- Familiarity with the financial services industry is a plus
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Proven organizational ability with the capacity to prioritize and work effectively on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals with minimum supervision
- Proficient with MS Office with advanced knowledge in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with planning and business intelligence applications such as Hyperion, QlikView and/or Tableau is desired though not required; familiarity with statistical packages R and Python is also a plus. A desire and aptitude to learn these applications is required
- Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking English; additional languages a plus
Reports to: Business Control manager
Direct reports: None
Unionen: Matti Granhage: +46 31 3224368
Akademiker: Gert Andersson: +46 31 3228072
Ledarna: Danny Bilger: +46 31 3228257
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.