Apprentice BAC+4/5 Commodity Buyer H/F
Group Truck Purchasing is looking for an apprentice to join and reinforce the dynamic and integrated Metal Fasteners buyers team located in Lyon!
This part-time apprenticeship one- or two-year mission will start in September 2019 and be based in Lyon (France). Duration and modalities could be adjusted based on your school’s constraints.
As Commodity Buyer, you will be accountable for the QDCFTSR of the supplier base on their respective segments by using the tools and purchasing/cross functional network during production and after production for revenue segments.
QDCFTSR stands for Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management
You’ll be a key element to assist the Fasteners commodity buyers in their mission, which is to lead the activities with all internal and external stakeholders to ensure the Volvo Internal customers maximum uptime and satisfaction.
Your mission might be adjusted during your apprentice period to cope with the challenges and needs the team will face but it will consist mainly in resourcing parts of portfolios, follow implementation of already decided resourcing cases, managed an existing portfolio, support in segment strategy update, benchmark and negotiate current contracts.
You will drive action plans for product QDCF optimization in close coordination with other functions (Brands of the Volvo Group, Group Trucks Operation, Engineering, Range & Project Management, Quality, Aftermarket, etc…).
- Identify, drive and implement cost savings on your portfolio
- Monitor, identify and mitigate risks in cooperation with Supplier Quality & Delivery team
- Ensure that the supplier is prepared for production, including capacity and all needed system updates
- Perform daily purchasing activities related to production orders, logistics and financial flows to the suppliers
- Business mindset
- Financial analysis
- Cost Management
- Production & Supply chain
- Quality Management
• Business acumen and customer focus with an holistic view
• BAC+3/4 in Business, Engineering, supply chain or related field
• Experience in Purchasing and/or negotiation experience in a supplier/customer relationship is seen as a strong advantage
• Experience in Engineering is a real plus, as most of the cost reduction implementations have a strong technical basis
• Fluent in English, both written and spoken
• Positive attitude, service minded and target oriented approach
• Team player acting with integrity and trust based collaboration
• Strong team player, autonomous with the ability to take initiatives
• Appreciate feedback and seek for continuous improvement
• Multicultural experience is an asset
GTP strives to be a multicultural and global organization. We welcome applicants which can even further increase our diversity.
A stimulating work environment, recognition at work, professional growth, motivation, management, pride, fun ... The Volvo Group has again been awarded the HappyTrainees label in 2019!
90% of young people recommend the Volvo group for an internship, an apprentice contract or a VIE, and we are particularly proud of this!
And 95% of graduation success reinforces our motivation to welcome you.
If you want to be part of our Happy Trainees, apply!
Tulio Avolio dos Santos
Purchasing Segment Leader, Fasteners
Mob: +33 6 65 89 62 64
Volvo Group Purchasing dispose d'un budget de 125 milliards de SEK pour l'achat et fait appel à 2 550 fournisseurs pour la production en série. Rien que pour l'activité Camions, 2 milliards de pièces ont été livrées dans 40 usines du monde entier. Toujours à l'affût des fournisseurs les plus performants avec lesquels travailler, nous proposons les meilleurs produits et services possibles pour apporter de la valeur ajoutée à nos clients. Nous soutenons la mission du groupe Volvo, qui est de contribuer à un monde prospère par des solutions de transport, en appliquant à nos processus d'achat les concepts d'approvisionnement durable et les principes définis dans le Code de conduite.
Lorsque vous rejoignez Volvo Group Purchasing, vous intégrez un réseau international regroupant plus de 1 300 professionnels répartis sur 50 sites différents dans 25 pays. Nous proposons des opportunités uniques de tisser des liens avec des interlocuteurs à tous les échelons et nous travaillons avec passion pour accélérer votre carrière en développant vos compétences.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.