Product Cost Controller - CAB
We are Product Cost Controlling North America within Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT). We are supporting the VOLVO group mission by driving profitability through product cost management excellence, delivering engineered and accurate product calculations to ensure customer success.
Product Cost Controller CAB
Have you ever thought to mix your technical background, your ability to work cross-functionally, and your interest in the future technology? Do you like a warm, considerate, and cooperative working atmosphere? Then we have a fantastic opportunity for you as the Controlling & Strategy organization is looking for a new colleague in Greensboro.
One of Volvo’s important measurements in order to secure the company’s profitability level is to follow up and forecast the product cost of our vehicles/components. As PCC (Product Cost Controller) toward CAB, you will work on advanced projects as on start cost and maintenance. You will be in charge of managing product cost securing profitability in projects.
- Drive product cost optimization and control/monitor all activities throughout the complete DVP from early phase.
- Optimize concept selection from a profitability and product cost perspective. Secure robust concept selection by proposing the most cost efficient solutions in early phases
- Deliver full profitability analysis/business case for cost improvement projects
- Deliver the results from the product cost estimates in a timely manner and explain the analyses to the appropriate customers
- Support a strong collaboration with Engineering, Purchasing and Cost Engineers bringing the product cost management culture into the cross functional work
- Be updated about technical solutions for technical area of responsibility for Volvo brands and competitors
- Deliver product cost forecast in project including risks and opportunities
- Deliver profitability analysis for concept selection and maintenance projects
- Minimum B.Sc; M.Sc preferred
- Preferred experience from Engineering, Purchasing or Finance
- Preferred experience from product cost management
- Experience and/or knowledge from automotive industry and/or vehicle/engine knowledge
- Ability to combine the business and technical mind-set to guide and influence the product development decisions from a financial perspective
- Ability to initiate and support design to cost initiative in order to create cost efficient designs
- Have knowledge about and understand cost breakdowns
- Good English communication skills, both orally and in writing
Feel free to contact hiring manager Anders Severius: +1 (336) 392 5274, firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.