Transport Coordinator Premium Specialist 2nd Shift
The Premium Freight Transport Specialist performs their work in the North America Transport Material team as the Premium Freight support team within Production Logistics North American Transport Operations. You’ll be expected to apply your knowledge across the full spectrum of our supply chain by being the integrated link between our customers, our premium transport service providers and material suppliers providing efficient, cost effective Premium transportation solutions.
This is a 2nd Shift position, with hours being from 2pm to 11pm.
- Initiating actions based on the booking of premium freight requests through the PTA/XTR Premium Transport booking tools.
- Securing an efficient, cost effective premium transport solution meeting the requestors specified delivery date.
- Scheduling & monitoring the pickup, transport, and delivery of material through in its entire journey within our premium transport provider’s processes/systems.
- Identifying & resolving swiftly any issues that arise within the entire supply chain that negatively affects meeting the required delivery date/time to our production plants.
- Swift & accurate communication to our production plants on the status of all premium freight in transit up to and including delivery.
- Record and analyze deviations to the premium transport process to include suggesting proactive preventative actions.
- Working with a mindset of “Continuous Improvements” at all times.
- Action oriented: Full of energy for challenges, takes a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Customer focus: Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and colleagues and gains their trust and respect.
- Integrity and trust: Seen as a direct, truthful individual who presents facts in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidences and admits mistakes. Exercises good judgment and decision making abilities.
- Time Management: Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities
- Learning on the fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems and is a versatile learner open to change and quickly grasps the essence of ideas. Self-directed with the ability to adjust in a dynamic environment.
- Communication: Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with strong demonstration of previous customer service experience
- BS degree in Logistics or Business preferred or equivalent relevant experience
- 5-6 years logistics and/or transportation experience
- Proficient experience in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in a high stress, cross functional team environment
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, handle multiple tasks, projects and conflicting priorities efficiently, appropriately and productively
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.