SML North America (NA) has over 1,000 employees across the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our distribution network consists of a Central Distribution Center (Byhalia, MS) as well as 8 Regional Distribution Centers across the North American region.
We are looking for an experienced Quality Engineer for our Central Distribution Center in Byhalia, MS. This Byhalia DC is a 1 million square foot facility located approximately 25 miles southeast of Memphis, TN and employs approximately 625 employees.
The Quality Engineer will report directly to the Quality Manager.
- Deployment of Quality KPIs and consolidation of quality results
- Drive and coordinate activities for critical and/or systematic quality issues
- Identify need for, and drive, proactive and preventive quality activities
- Secure effectiveness and efficiency in Problem Solving (PSM/QRQC)
- Train new quality employee members
- Prepare weekly and monthly quality reports (minimum Pareto diagrams for dealer claims vs brand/dealer/location/team/product, audit findings vs. brand/location/team/product, 5 worst suppliers, 5 top issues, QRQC performed/ open/closed)
- Data analysis through usage of 7QC tools
- Perform process risk and variation analysis (e.g. process-FMEA, FTA, control charts) and secure the addressing of biggest risks and systematic causes for variation
- Secure the establishment of standardized way of working in processes and/or activities critical to quality (e.g. write needed SOPs) and secure the sustainability in the Standardized Work through process confirmations
- Prioritization and drive of quality improvement projects
- Drive and coordinate Problem Solving Methodology and cross-functional problem solving
- Training in Quality methods and tools
- Escalations of design related problems to Q&CS and to QJ/QSP-processes
- Good knowledge in Quality Management
- Experience in driving quality improvements (e.g. black/green belt or similar)
- Structured with good analytical skills
- Logical thinking and good problem solving skills
- Customer oriented
- Experience in QA/QC management
- Experience in Quality Management Tools (e.g. 7MT) and Quality Control Tools (e.g. 7QC)
- Knowledge of the Volvo Group Management System
- Experience in logistics/warehousing/supply chain is a bonus
- COMMUNICATION: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably and actively seeking feedback non-defensively
- CUSTOMER FOCUS: Understanding and meeting the needs of customers and addressing the interests and concerns of all organization stakeholders
- OWNERSHIP/ACCOUNTABILITY: Taking the lead in getting the job done and accepting responsibility for personal actions, costs, and results
- SAFETY PRACTICES: Acting as necessary with safe operations as a central focus and striving to create a safe work environment
- ATTENTION TO DETAIL: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
- PROBLEM SOLVING/DECISION MAKING: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems and acting despite obstacles or resistance
- INITIATIVE: Taking action in the absence of specific instructions or in the absence of a specific requirement, taking reasonable risks to achieve results, and persevering when challenged
- DEPENDABILITY/RELIABILITY: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required -- or higher -- standards, and pitching in to get the job done
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.