Group Manager Driver Environment
Would you like to help Volvo group achieve important strategic objectives? Would you like to work in an enthusiastic and challenging atmosphere surrounded by skilled co-workers? Does the chance to develop new and advanced cabs for future trucks excite you? If so this position is the right one for you.
Cab Engineering North America has the Product Ownership of all Cab components for both Mack and Volvo Truck Brands. We deliver Cab Projects as well as Cab Architecture, Cab Geometry Architecture and Geometry Assurance. We develop new and advanced cabs for our future trucks, while continually adapting our current products to different market demands. Working in an international environment is an exciting challenge, which is placing more and higher demands on our employees.
The Driver Environment Group is responsible for the Feature development (Ergonomics/visibility and driver interface), advanced engineering and product maintenance of the following: Seat and seat belts, Instrument panel, Door Panels, Steering column, steering wheel including airbag, pedals and accessories, climate and controls. This means planning and development of engineering solutions globally and cross functionally in cooperation with other Volvo GTT engineering offices in order to strengthen the product offering for our customers.
As a manager within Cab Engineering you are expected to have a strong business mind-set. You need to be an inspiring leader, have a positive mind-set and be interested in developing people as well as technology.
- Be responsible for staff, budget and the technical development within your area
- Support your employees in technical discussions to make the right technical choices
- Delegate responsibility to fulfill targets and obtain results
- Be accountable for the delivery of project activities on time and according to budget
- Ensure that all members of the team have adequate training/knowledge to complete their assigned tasks
- Drive continuous Improvement activities using tools such as Visual management and A3’s with the objective to always enhance our way of working and deliver on time
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- M.S. Degree is preferred
- 5-8 years of Product Development experience
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Minimum of 6 years supervisory experience with 7 to 10 direct reports is preferred
- Directing others: Is good at establishing clear directions. Sets stretching objectives. Lays the work out in a well-planned and organized manner. Maintains two way dialogue with others on work and results. Brings out the best in people
- Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted. Is seen as a direct, truthful individual. Admits mistakes. Doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain
- Drive for results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully. Steadfastly pushes self and others for results
- Delegation: Clearly and comfortably delegates both routine and important tasks and decisions. Broadly shares both responsibility and accountability
- Personal Skills
- Excellent Organizational and planning skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Leadership Competencies: Customer focus, Plans and aligns, Instills trust, Communicates effectively, Action oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.