Associate Engineer: Engine Performance and Emission Calibration
The engine calibration team is comprised of people with diverse levels of experience, but we have one thing in common, a love for engines and a desire to help produce the most powerful, cleanest, most reliable powertrains on the market. In order to have a great product, we need great people. We are focused and not competitive, we work together to solve problems every day.
Every day is unique in our team, and tasks will be assigned based on your ability to deliver. Some examples of typical responsibilities in our group include:
- Operation of world class heavy duty engine dynamometer test cells. Responsible for efficiently and accurately executing test procedures while concurrently reviewing testing results to ensure reliability of data
- Planning and coordination of calibration activities among local and global peers
- Testing of advanced engineering hardware and software
- Detailed data analysis including simulation to insure features and reliability of hardware and software are fully met
- Execute tasks with holistic view on deliverables from other interfaces to secure quality & readiness before release.
- Potential for domestic and international travel to support troubleshooting customer trucks in service, participate in expeditions such as summer, cold weather and high altitude chassis testing
- Analyzing data from trucks in the field to assist in all aspects of product development, from setting advanced engineering goals to helping resolve customer product quality issues
You will be expected to perform a variety of tasks in a highly technical environment as part of a team. Our teams are hardworking and members are supportive of each other. In order to compliment your colleagues you will need to exhibit characteristics such as:
- Customer Focus
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Action Oriented
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 0-3 years experience in powertrain calibration
- Powertrain (Engine, Transmission, Axle, Aftertreatment) knowledge is beneficial
- Knowledge and experience in statistical analysis of data
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoys working in teams and developing relationships with peers
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.