Under general supervision, administers one or more benefit programs. Consults with and advises employees on eligibility for insurance, hospitalization, leave of absences, FMLA and other benefits including amounts of coverage and claims procedures. Maintains benefit records and prepares documents necessary for implementing benefit coverage. Reports to Compensation and Benefits Manager.
- Consult and advises employees on eligibility and qualifications of various insurance, hospitalization and other benefits (Claims and coverage procedures)
- Research and respond to telephone and email inquiries regarding benefit plans and complete daily assigned client services tickets
- Maintains benefit records and prepares documents necessary for implementing benefits
- Make sure that all medical information matches HIPAA and employee privacy guidelines
- Processes insured benefit enrollments, COBRA, terminations of coverage, changes, beneficiaries, disability, retirements and death claims
- Maintain and document complete and accurate call and case notes
- 2-3 years of professional experience in processing employee health and benefit insurance programs, workers’ compensation, loss control, or other employee benefits programs; or a combination of training, education, and experience that is equivalent to the employment standard listed above
- Ability to handle confidential information on a daily basis
- Detail-oriented, organized, positive attitude and ability to work in a team
- Ability to work in a multi-tasked environment and prioritize and organize work
- Proficient computer skills to include MS Office and HRIS systems, SAP experience a plus
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Knowledge of general accounting and record keeping methods for claims administration, data processing applications for management information systems, employer group insurance and indemnity plans and available coverage
Volvo Group Human Resources contributes to realizing the vision of Volvo Group by driving the development of a global team of high performing people. The Volvo Group University, which delivers training and development and HR Services, that deliver HR administration and support are also part of the Group HR organization. With Volvo Group HR you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.