Business Development Representative - Engine Sales
Volvo Group Australia (VGA) is part of the global organisation Volvo Group consisting over 100,000 employees. Our reliability is renowned, and it’s underpinned by our three core values – quality, safety and environmental care. We bring each one to life in everything we do.
The team at Volvo Penta has a rare opportunity for an experienced business development professional to join our Sales division in the role of Business Development Representative. This unique opportunity will be responsible for customer relationship development to increase market penetration of Volvo Penta's marine and industrial engines for the Oceania Region. This position will be based at our highly desirable waterfront offices on the Gold Coast and will be required to travel extensively to meet business requirements across the region.
Volvo Penta is a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications. A company renowned throughout the world for innovations such as Volvo Penta IPS propulsion and the Aquamatic.
About the role:
- Promote and market engine sales to all Volvo Penta Importers, Centres and Dealers, OEM's and Fleet customers to increase market coverage across the region
- Partner and maintain customer relationships whilst ensuring growth through visitation and prospecting of new and potential clients
- Assist with achieving customer focused activities by developing Customer retention and growth programs, telemarketing, and customer satisfaction follow up and database maintenance
- Develop action plans to address opportunities identified in the Operating Standards
- Constantly review and update customer database details and plan visitations
- Represent Volvo Penta with local trade associations, conferences and networking activities.
- Degree qualified in Engineering / Sales & Marketing or equivalent demonstrated commercial sales experience
- Technical understanding and knowledge of Volvo Penta marine and industrial engine products
- Extensive proven sales experience, especially in achieving predefined sales targets
- Previous retail/sales work experience gained within the marine, industrial engine industries
- Outstanding customer service skills with proven networking and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated ability to be self-sufficient within a cross functional team environment
- Business Acumen with an understanding of the leisure marine and industrial engines local Australian / NZ markets
- Ability to create and confidently deliver engaging Presentations
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal across varying levels
- Competitive remuneration including company vehicle and incentive plan.
- Attractive waterfront offices
- Career development with Global prospects.
- Salary sacrifice fifth week of annual leave.
- Service recognition.
- Employee benefits and discounts from a large selection of Retailers.
- Supportive and family-friendly team culture focused on diversity and equality.
- A strong commitment to safety, quality and service.
- A dedicated Health & Wellbeing program including complimentary fresh fruit and physio consultations.
- Discounted Private Health Insurance & Dental.
Volvo Group Australia are proud of our inclusive work environment which promotes a supportive energy, and encourages individual growth to create strong teams. We are committed to forming a workforce which reflects the exceptionally diverse customers we serve, and encourage applications from all backgrounds.
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.