Cat C Home Delivery Driver - B&Q Belvedere
Delivery Driver - B&Q Belvedere
Salary: £10.44 per hour
5 days / minimum 40 hours per week
Working 07:00 to 16:00 on a rotating shift pattern of 5 days Monday to Saturday
We are looking for a permanent full-time Class 2 / Cat C Driver to join our driving team based within the B&Q store. We like to develop our talent, so for the right person we will support and train you to get your Hiab licence within your first few months with us.
Typically you will be supporting the B&Q Store to Home delivery team in a rigid vehicle, delivering to the customer’s room of choice with another Driver or Porter. Potentially during the summer you will assist in driving one of our 26 ton Hiabs at another location supporting the Tradepoint team with deliveries (if you don’t have your crane licence, don’t worry, we’ll train you).
This role is key to our success. You will represent both the face of the customer and our business on a daily basis so we are looking for a highly motivated individual who can deliver exceptional levels of customer service and deliver our customer promise.
What you need to have:
- Class 2 / Cat C Driving Licence with no more than six penalty points.
- Valid Driver CPC and digital tachocard
- Experience of driving commercial vehicles.
- Take pride in delivering exceptional customer service
- Excellent communication skills both face to face and on the phone
- Manual handling skills
- Current crane licence (preferred, but we can train you)
- On-going training that counts towards your CPC renewal
- 5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Life assurance (3 x annual salary)
- Access to wide range of discounts including reduced gym membership and cinema tickets
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- B&Q discount card
- Opportunity for Overtime in the summer at 1.5x hourly rate
- 45p per mile when covering at other stores
You will be part of passionate teams with a global, open and collaborative mind-set. You will experience a culture that empowers people.
Renault Trucks is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under brands such as Volvo, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.